Your-Call Pty Ltd has taken all reasonable steps to the extent permitted by law and its Service Agreement to ensure that access to information about the Organisation arising from or in connection with the service is restricted to those who are authorised by the Service Agreement to have access to the information or as are necessary to enable the Organisation to comply with its obligations under that Agreement.
Your-Call Pty Ltd has taken all reasonable steps to the extent permitted by law and its service agreement to keep information about an Organisation arising from or in connection with the Service confidential but shall not be bound to retain as confidential any information if and to the extent that:
- the information is or becomes part of public domain otherwise than by breach of the Service Agreement by Your-Call Pty Ltd;
- the information was in the Your-Call Pty Ltd’s possession prior to disclosure to it by the Organisation;
- the information is required to be disclosed by the operation of any laws;
- the Organisation has given written approval to the disclosure of the information; or
- if at any time the Organisation or its employees engage in spamming or commits a breach of the agreement as defined in the Service Agreement;
- the Organisation shall not seek from Your-Call Pty Ltd in any circumstances what so ever any information, data or fact, whether derived from the Your-Call Protected Disclosure form ™, its lodgment or otherwise which in the Your-Call Pty Ltd’s sole and unfettered discretion may serve to identify the person or entity making a disclosure or providing information in respect of a disclosure.
Nothing shall prevent Your-Call Pty Ltd disclosing any information, data, or fact identifying a person or entity making a disclosure provided that Your-Call Pty Ltd has reasonable cause to believe that the person making such disclosure has consented to such information, data, or fact identifying a person or entity making such disclosure being released.