Your Call is looking for a Software Developer to join a new team and help build not only new products, but also to help create a diverse, inclusive and high performing product team.
Your Call is a world leader in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) industry and was Australia’s first online whistle blowing solution for enterprise customers.
At Your Call, we’re looking for people who share our values. Who care passionately about acting ethically, promoting sustainable solutions, and driving social change.
Due to the sensitive nature of our customer data, security, stability and optimising for best practice is a must. That said, we want to play on the cutting edge of technology and become a standard setting technology company in the global GRC industry.
If you’re looking to work with progressive, inclusive and ethical people whose products make a material difference to hundreds of workplaces, then this role may be for you.
We’re looking for someone with production experience working with common PHP frameworks like Symfony and Laravel, ideally having experience working on SaaS products.
This role reports to the Head of Product.
At Your Call, as a software developer you will:
- Have flexibility in your role to ensure you’re both effective and balanced
- Be a part of growing and dynamic team
- Drive improvements with a mature product identifying and adding value for high profile clients
- Identify and advocate for best practice development standards
- Contribute to creating a diverse culture that encourages feelings of belonging.
- Play a meaningful part in achieving Your Call’s purpose.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The desire to own and improve a mature code base.
- A solid understanding of how PHP frameworks are best implemented, ideally Symfony.
- 3+ years’ experience working with PHP.
- A strong belief in adhering to Test Driven Development.
- Experience communicating with business stakeholders.
- Having worked within a SCRUM and/or Kanban team.
It would be also great if you:
- Have experience working with AWS.
- Have experience working with front-end frameworks such as React.
More than a job
We don’t want your move to Your Call to simply be another step on the ladder. We want the move to be additive to your whole life.
Work should be meaningful and enjoyable, but it shouldn’t be everything. We support our team members by understanding everyone has unique requirements. We are committed to the mental health and wellbeing of our people. To facilitate this we provide free of charge access to third parties for a range of confidential mental, health, family, career and financial services.
We also provide:
- An annual continued learning budget, with 2 hours a week reserved for something new
- Cover the costs of new AWS certifications
- Gender neutral paid parental leave
At our core, our mission is to wage a war on workplace wrongdoing.
Increasingly businesses are showing the way for social and environmental change. Your Call aims to facilitate the creation of a robust Speak-up Culture, giving voice to all stakeholders and ensuring the implementation of world changing governance tools and practices.
Leading by Example
Actions speak louder than words which is why we:
- Became the first Whistleblowing service firm globally to become a Certified B Corporation. In 2019 we were awarded as a B-Corp World Honouree in the categories of ‘Best for Overall’ and ‘Best for Customers’.
- Pursue other important social initiatives such as our involvement as an official charity partner of the Alannah and Madeline Foundation. Using a portion of each client contract, Your Call funds programs for children to learn what proper ethical and positive behaviour is and how to act in groups. The programs aim to prepare tomorrow’s leaders to have the courage to speak up and be ethical champions.
Your Call is seeing high growth in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. More and more businesses are realising the risks they face and the importance to comply with new regulations. As such, they are turning to Your Call to offer them the tools and training they need.
To fulfil our goals and remain a global leader, we need a diverse and passionate team. We value and respect people’s differences and realise that diversity makes us stronger and better able to serve our customers.