Your Call is looking for a Principal Engineer to join a new team and help build not only new products, but also to help create a diverse, inclusive and high performing product team.
Your Call is a world leader in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) industry and was Australia’s first online whistle blowing solution for enterprise customers.
At Your Call, we’re looking for people who share our values. Who care passionately about acting ethically, promoting sustainable solutions, and driving social change.
Due to the sensitive nature of our customer data, security, stability and optimising for best practice is a must. That said, we want to play on the cutting edge of technology and become a standard setting technology company in the global GRC industry.
If you’re looking to work with progressive, inclusive and ethical people whose products make a material difference to hundreds of workplaces, then this role may be for you.
We’re looking for someone with experience working as a senior or lead developer, ideally having experience working on SaaS products, working across the technology stack with a focus on DevOps and backend development.
This role reports to the Head of Product.
At Your Call, as a Principal Engineer you will:
- Have flexibility in your role to ensure you’re both effective and balanced
- Set internal standards for all areas of development.
- Be a key decision maker in all elements of the technology stack
- Own all AWS infrastructure and ensure the definition of and adherence to best practice
- Understand and implement security by design
- Own the backend for all Your Call products.
- Help identify technological solutions to business problems faced by our clients
- Keep up to date with relevant industry trends in areas like security and performance
- Collaborate with senior leaders.
- Mentor junior team members. Advise senior team members.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to develop onboarding practices for technical team members
- Contribute to creating a diverse culture that encourages feelings of belonging.
- Play a meaningful part in achieving Your Call’s mission of eliminating work-place wrong doing.
- Be encouraged to present your work at tech events as well as write about and share articles detailing interesting challenges and solutions our product team encounter.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The desire to act like an owner, proactively advocating, researching and evolving our technology stack.
- An understanding of security, governance and compliance and can help ensure their adherence.
- Experience working with AWS at a senior level.
- Experience writing application code outside of DevOps
- A strong belief in adhering to Test Driven Development.
- Experience with implementing and optimising Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Experience communicating with business stakeholders.
- Has worked with and understands enterprise client requirements.
- Interpreted business goals and problems and in turn offered technical solutions.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Championed agile practices, having worked within a SCRUM and/or Kanban team.
It would be also great if you:
- Have experience in the Serverless domain.
- Have used GraphQL.
- Hold an AWS certification(s).
- Have experience, with Node, React or similar.
- Been exposed to User Experience design and research.
More than a job
We don’t want your move to Your Call to simply be another step on the ladder. We want the move to be additive to your whole life.
Work should be meaningful and enjoyable, but it shouldn’t be everything. We support our team members by understanding everyone has unique requirements. We are committed to the mental health and wellbeing of our people. To facilitate this we provide free of charge access to third parties for a range of confidential mental, health, family, career and financial services.
We also provide:
- An annual continued learning budget, with 2 hours a week reserved for something new
- Cover the costs of new AWS certifications
- Gender neutral paid parental leave
At our core, our mission is to wage a war on workplace wrongdoing.
Increasingly businesses are showing the way for social and environmental change. Your Call aims to facilitate the creation of a robust Speak-up Culture, giving voice to all stakeholders and ensuring the implementation of world changing governance tools and practices.
Leading by Example
Actions speak louder than words which is why we:
- Became the first Whistleblowing service firm globally to become a Certified B Corporation. In 2019 we were awarded as a B-Corp World Honouree in the categories of ‘Best for Overall’ and ‘Best for Customers’.
- Pursue other important social initiatives such as our involvement as an official charity partner of the Alannah and Madeline Foundation. Using a portion of each client contract, Your Call funds programs for children to learn what proper ethical and positive behaviour is and how to act in groups. The programs aim to prepare tomorrow’s leaders to have the courage to speak up and be ethical champions.
Your Call is seeing high growth in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. More and more businesses are realising the risks they face and the importance to comply with new regulations. As such, they are turning to Your Call to offer them the tools and training they need.
To fulfil our goals and remain a global leader, we need a diverse and passionate team. We value and respect people’s differences and realise that diversity makes us stronger and better able to serve our customers.