The Your Call team will be delivering the keynote at the upcoming Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Briefing on Not-for-Profit fraud and the role of whistleblowers.
The event will be held at Pitcher Partners’ Melbourne office where we will critically discuss fraud within Not-for-Profit organisations, the development of best practice whistleblowing programs, development of whistleblower policies and protections and program implementation.
Whistleblowing Programs are an important aspect of a Not-for-Profit’s governance framework. In the 2014 BDO Not-For-Profit Survey, it was found Stakeholder tip offs via reporting pathways (35%) were the most effective ways of discovering Not-for-Profit fraud, yet only 18% of respondents implemented a whistleblowing policy.
This briefing will cover:
- Why you should have a whistle-blower program
- How to implement a whistle-blower program in your organisation
- Protecting those that come forward
- Communication and education of staff and stakeholders
- Where to go for help – third party operators
- The role of the board
- Whistle-blower reporting
Date: Tuesday 16 June 2015
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Venue: Pitcher Partners | Level 19/15 William Street, Melbourne